The NIFT entrance exam is administered by the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) 2022 to select candidates for enrollment in fashion design programs. About 23,000 applicants took the NIFT entrance exam in 2022 in order to be accepted into the UG and PG programs the design school offered. In the field of fashion education, NIFT is a pioneer.
NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Important Dates
|Start date to fill NIFT application forms
|Last week of October 2021
|Last date to submit application form without late fee
|Last week of December 2021
|Last date to submit application form with late fee
|First week of January 2022
|Download NIFT entrance exam admit card online
|Second week of January 2022
|NIFT entrance exam day
|Third week of January 2022
|Declaration of result for NIFT written exam
|Second week of March 2022
|Declaration of final merit list for BDes
|Last week of June 2022
|Declaration of final merit list for MDes, MFTech & MFM
|Third week of July 2022
NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Highlights
|National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Entrance Exam
|National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
|National Level Exam
|Once a Year
|CAT for BDes: 3 Hours
GAT for BDes & MDes: 2 Hours
GAT for BFTech, MFM, MFTech: 3 Hours
|Admission into 16 NIFTs
|BDes, BFTech, MDes, MFTech, MFM
|No. of Test Cities
|32 cities in India
|No. of Accepting Colleges
|Exam Helpdesk No.
NIFT 2022 Application Process
The registration process entails four steps. Before starting to fill out the form, read the instructions that were provided at the beginning. The NIFT registration fee will also be lost if inaccurate information is submitted, rendering the application ineligible.
The steps are as follows:
Step 1: Registration – Visit the official website of NIFT 2022 and enter your email id, phone number, and date of birth.
Note: Number and ID must be active and valid, as the entire communication related to the exam will be notified on it.
Step 2: The applying candidate needs to fill the application form by entering your personal details like contact information, academic details, work experience, program preference and exam center preference.
Note: In case, any incorrect information entered, there will be a risk of the application being rejected.A one-time facility to make corrections in the form is also provided.
Step 3: Upload all the required documents – Scan and Upload your documents (Photograph, Signatures & Required certificated) according toBHU UET 2022 Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee – NIFT 2022 Application Fee can be paid online via net banking/credit card/debit card.
NIFT 2022 registration fee is different for general and reserved category candidates.
Students need to fill the application form as per the below-mentioned filling criteria:
|Name should be according to written on the High school documents. Do not add any salutations like Mr/ Mrs/ Ms/ Dr etc.
|It should contain minimum 6 alpha numeric characters
|Date of Birth
|Date of Birth should be written in the format DD/MM/YYYY
|Enter the communication details
|Choose the nationality from the given options
|Choose category from OBC/ SC/ ST
|Are you physically challenged?
|Select Yes/ No
|Choose among Male, Female, Transgender and Other
NIFT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
|NIFT Admission Criteria
|Bachelor of Design (BDes)
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology (BFTech)
|Master of Design (MDes)
|Master of Fashion Technology (MFTech)
|Master of Fashion Management (MFM)
NIFT 2022 Syllabus – GAT
General knowledge and current affairs
Communication ability and English comprehension
Analytical and logical ability
NIFT Syllabus 2022 – CAT
Creativity in thought development
NIFT Exam Pattern Highlights for BDes Admissions 2022
The exam format must be thoroughly understood by applicants for admission to the BDes program in order to be comfortable throughout the exam.
|BDes Admissions 2022: NIFT Exam Pattern Highlights for GAT
|Number of sections
|5 (Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability, English Comprehension, Analytical Ability, General Knowledge and Current Affairs)
|Duration of exam
|120 minutes (2 hours)
|Number of questions
|Language of paper
|Number of answer choices
|Mode of examination
NIFT BDes Exam Pattern 2022 for GAT
The candidates apllying for NIFT 2022 can refer to the table below to know the detailed pattern.
|No of Questions in NIFT GAT for BDes
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs
|Total Number of Questions
NIFT CAT Exam Pattern for BDes Admissions
The candidates aplling for admission to BDes must know theexam pattern properly in order to be confindent while sitting for the exam.
- Design ability
- Intuitive ability
- Observation skills
- Concept development skills
- Creative use of colour
- Illustration skills
|NIFT CAT Exam Highlights for BDes
|Number of Questions
|Type of Questions
|Mode of examination
NIFT 2022 Exam Centers and Seats
|No. of Seats for Admissions 2021
|NIFT New Delhi
|Total No. of Seats
NIFT Cut-OFF 2022
The minimum score an applicant must obtain to be admitted to the program and college of his or her choice is known as the NIFT entrance exams cutoff mark 2022. Each course offered at various NIFT campuses has a category-by-category publication of the NIFT entrance exams cutoff mark.
The design school also publishes the last merit rank that is awarded admission in various design courses offered at each NIFT campus as part of the NIFT cutoff 2022.
Factors Determining NIFT Cutoff 2022
NIFT cutoffs 2022 will on the below mentioned factors:
- Total number of candidates appeared for NIFT entrance exam 2022.
- Total number of candidates who cleared NIFT exam.
- Difficulty level of NIFT exam.
- Total seats available for admissions.
- Performance of candidates in NIFT exam.
- Previous years’ NIFT cutoff.
NIFT 2022 Preparation Tips
- Candidate should get into the habit of reading a newspaper or a magazine which covers the contemporary events on an everyday basis. Reading Materials help build a good vocabulary and with the General Knowledge section.
- Brush up the basics of English grammar to tackle the error detection questions and sentence correction in MCQ asked.
- Learn and identify new words with their meaning and usage.
- Listen to speeches or watch movies and/or documentaries with subtitles. This will increase the knowledge of spoken English and might come in use while attempting sentence completion and para jumble questions.
- Candidates should talk to people in English. They may feel sluggish and shy at first and will make lots of mistakes but soon they will discover that with more talking, their confidence, as well as their accuracy, is increasing.
NIFT 2022 Counselling
NIFT 2022 Counselling will be held online for allotment of seats. Candidates can check the counselling schedule on the website. Students will have to bring their original documents and certificates for verification.
The documents required to be brought during counselling process are mentioned below:
- 10th class certificate
- 12th class certificate
- Qualifying exam marks card
- Degree certificate
- Category certificate (required only for resident of Karnataka)
- Income certificate
- Print out of online application form
- Transfer certificate, etc.
NIFT 2022 Result
The details related to NIFT BHU UET 2022 result has been provided:
The NIFT 2022 result will be uploaded on the official website of NIFT.
The candidate who appeared in the NIFT 2022 can check it online.
To check the result, the candidate must follow the steps given below:
- Browse for the NIFT official website.
- Now, enter you ID and password and Log in.
- Thereafter, enter your enrolment number and Date of Birth.
- Click on submit.
- Your NIFT 2022 result will be there.
- The candidates who qualify NIFT 2021 can appear for the counselling.
- Seats will be allotted to students in counselling.
- The Winding Path to Scoring an Athletic Scholarship in Europe - February 22, 2024
- Is Aerospace Engineering A Good Career? 9 Things You Should Know - February 22, 2024
- 11 Ways To Get Free Doctorate Degree In Theology Online - February 22, 2024