One of the simplest methods to gain a promotion, raise your pay, or move jobs is to complete a certificate programs from a reputable university. These courses, which range in length from a few months to years and include lessons in the evenings, nights, weekends, and online, will equip you with the advanced skills needed to excel in today’s industry.
- Many certificate courses require you to take exams (which can help you acquire a job), and some may require 3 to 6 months of preparation.
- A degree is not required for all certificate programs; you can prepare and become certified while earning a degree. We encourage getting an undergraduate degree because it will aid you in your long-term job.
- Plan to take a job-related course or certification, depending on your interests. Make some inquiries. Many credentials necessitate passing an exam.
. Some of these certifications will expire (in few years) or in some cases you might have to earn credits to keep your certification valid.
- Some programs require you to take a short-term course followed by an exam. You may be required to visit labs for practicals and other purposes.
Some may need you to enroll in classes for six months prior to taking the exam.
- Many occupations demand some level of work experience, and you may need to work as a trainee to gain that experience before landing the right job.
- There are various rapid certificate programs that can provide certifications in as little as a few days if you attend lectures or seminars. These credentials may not help you acquire a job, but they may help you improve your existing knowledge and skills.
- For 2021, there are numerous short-term programs, courses, and certifications available in the healthcare field, many of which do not require a degree. People who are interested in working in healthcare might obtain certification and begin seeking for work. A starting wage of $15-20/hr could be yours if you have a basic qualification (depending on the type of certification – CPC, CMA, CNA, etc.). Unless you have a degree or work in management, your compensation is unlikely to improve significantly. With the certifications listed above, you might make $17-$40 per hour.
- IT certifications are in high demand and can lead to high-paying positions in as little as two years. If you want to work in the software sector, get a degree and get certified (which is strongly advised if you don’t already have one). Cloud engineering (AWS, GCP, and Azure credentials are in high demand), cybersecurity analyst, programming, machine learning, and AI are among the highest-paying careers in this field for 2021. An undergraduate degree with certification can be a rewarding career path in the IT business.
Below is a list of some short certificate programs which can lead to a good career.
Read also: Best online MBA program
Top 20 Certificate Courses in USA
- System Security: System security professionals are in great demand due to the rise in hackers. A certificate course in system security will educate you how to secure your employer’s data and infrastructure from threats, with wages up to $130,000 for the best. This course is designed for people who are comfortable with computers and coding.
- Programs for Cyber Security: If you have certifications in AWS, Azure, or GCP (Google Cloud Platform), you have a strong chance of earning a nice wage as a cloud engineer. There are numerous employment openings in this field. There are numerous junior to senior-level positions available. These are the most in-demand IT certifications these days.
- IT Certifications:IT certifications such as RHEL, MCSE, CCNA VMware, Java, and others are continuously in demand (some experience always helps with certifications). With 2-3 years of experience, a salary of $100k+ is easily achievable. Even if you’re already working in that sector, getting certified can help you acquire a new job and keep you up to date on industry needs.
- Court Reporter: Because crime will always be a component of human civilization, there will always be a need for court reporters. A basic certificate program can give you the abilities you’ll need to succeed in this field. A court reporter’s typing skills are also in demand in the media business, in addition to the country’s legal system. The average annual salary is roughly $40,000.
- Website Designing: Finding a job will not be difficult, given the enormous number of websites that are produced every day. These courses often cover the whole range of topics necessary to successfully develop a website, including anything from website coding to visual design to working with various types of multimedia. Depending on the organization you work for, average earnings range from $40,000 to $70,000. Another benefit is the ability to freelance your skills while working a full-time job.
- Finance For Managers: This course is meant for managers in companies who are looking to increase their chances of getting promoted into upper management. This course teaches the techniques, tools, and skills a person will require to analyze different business problems and models, to apply concepts to solve problems in management, finance, and accounting. Average salaries upon promotion range from $70,000 to $100,000.
- Restaurant Management: Thanks to the exponential growth in the tourism and hospitality industry, the number of restaurants in every city just keeps rising. A certificate program will help develop and teach strong leadership, effective communication skills, problem-solving skills, along with team building and motivational skills. While the work can be strenuous at times, the job satisfaction and pay are high, with salaries ranging from $35,000 to $125,000.
- Medical Transcriptionist/Medical Scribe: Hired by doctors, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare providers, medical transcriptionists play a very important role in typing doctor’s reports/notes from dictated recordings. A medical scribe, on the other hand, helps in documenting patient-physician encounters in real-time. Both, medical transcriptionists and medical scribes need to be fluent in medical terminology. Their average annual salary is $35,000.
- Medical Coder/Medical Biller: Medical industry is always on the look-out for certified medical coders and billers to smooth out the medical payment process. Certified medical coders and billers are in high demand in hospitals, insurance companies, doctor’s offices, pharmacies, and almost any place medical. They are responsible for coding and decoding the procedures and diagnosis codes by following CMS guidelines. The most popular certificates for medical coding are CPC (Certified Professional Coder), CCS (Certified Coding Specialist), and CMC (Certified Medical Coder). On average, a medical coder earns $60,000 per year just after a few years in this field.
- Insurance Appraiser For Cars: If you are looking to switch to an industry where your work will be split between office and the field is relatively stress-free, then a certificate course in insurance appraisal will provide you with just that opportunity. All the skills that you will require to estimate the cost of repair for a damaged car will be taught, you have the option to work directly with an insurance company or to work independently. The average salary is $50,000-$60,000.
- Car Mechanic: A certificate course with a duration of a few months will allow you to become a car and motorcycle mechanic. A recession-proof industry (since people tend to repair their cars instead of getting a new one when a recession is underway), average salaries of up to $50,000 is the norm.
- Massage Therapist: It is well known that massage is a great way to lower everyday stress and tension. A certificate course will teach you the skills you will require to practice effectively. With the number of people opting for a massage increased every day, finding work is easy, and an average salary of around $38,000 is offered. An added advantage is that you have the option of working for yourself as an individual masseuse.
- Installing Alarm and Fire Systems: Security is a major industry, every building in the country needs fire alarms, and a large number are adding security cameras and alarm systems for added protection. So if you love electronics and electric devices, a certificate course will allow you to become an installer of such systems. Everything from installing to maintaining to repairing the different systems you will use will be taught. Average salaries range from $42,000 to $50,000 a year, an added advantage of a job in this field is that it is no desk job, you will always be on the move from one project to another.
- EMT Certificate Course: There will always be a need for EMT’s (Emergency Medical Technician) as long as humans exist. While the exact requirements vary according to state, a certificate course from a reputed university will teach you all of the necessary skills you will require to perform on the street. While the work itself is stressful, average salaries range from $35,000 – $45,000, at the end of a day’s work you know that you have saved lives.
- Personal Fitness Trainer:If you love hitting the gym, have a passion for helping others, then getting certified to become a fitness trainer is a good opportunity to earn a lot of money while simultaneously having fun on the job. With the number of job openings expected to increase by 25-30 percent over the next two years’ time, salaries ranging from $30 per hour to $300 (if you hit it big), if you love fitness then this is the course for you.
- Transcriptionist For Hospitals: Doctors see a large number of patients every single day since they do not have the time to type out and keep up to date the patient’s charts, the need for medical transcriptionists will always be present. The only requirement for the job is a fast typing speed and the ability to decipher what the doctor is saying through the audio recordings (both of these skills are taught in the certificate course). Average salaries are $32,000-$40,000.
- Language Interpreters: Thanks to globalization, the number of people from different countries in the US is increasing on a daily basis. Not all of these people speak English, hence the need for effective interpreters. If you successfully finish a certificate course in a popular language (Chinese, Japanese, Hindi, etc.) then there will always be a job for you in hospitals, social services, and courtrooms, to name just a few. All that is required to practice is to get certified. Many universities offer courses that teach the language and grant certification at the end. If you already know the language then just write the exam (a few hours in length) to get certified. Average salaries range from $45,000 to $ 55,000.
- Interpreter Of Sign Language: If you are a people person, love to be independent in your work, a certificate course will allow you to act as an interpreter for the deaf. There are not many ASL (American Sign Language) fluent people. With work available in schools, universities, social services, and businesses, finding a job is easy. Average pay is $37,000-$40,000.
- Embalming: While not for everyone, if you have a strong body constitution, the certificate course will teach you the necessary skills required to prepare the dead for their final place of resting. Salaries average upwards of $40,000, job security is final since recession or not you will always have a job.
- Engineering Soft Skills: Engineers will always be in demand, but if you are an engineer who wants to set yourself apart from the rest then a certificate course in engineering soft skills will do just that. These courses are designed to create engineers who understand the principles of finance, management, business. This provides a huge competitive advantage over other engineers for those who successfully complete the course. Average salaries range from $30,000- $80,000.
- Homeland Security Course: If you are interested in working for homeland security, a certificate course will teach you all the necessary skills required to keep the country safe and secure. With salaries up to $100,000 a year and complete job security, a homeland security certificate course might be the perfect match for you to protect your country and earn lots while doing so.
- Veterinary Assistant: If you love animals, want to work with them, a certificate course to become a veterinary assistant will teach you how to work with different animals, take care of different animals, how to help the veterinarians in the office. Salaries range from $15,000 to $35,000.
- Dressmaking & Design: Whether you want to work as a tailor in a major clothing’s brand or start your own clothing’s line the skills you will require (everything from selecting the fabric to working with it to caring for it) can be learned via a certificate course in your local college. With salaries ranging from $25,000 to $60,000 (more if you start your own clothing line), if you have a love for designing clothes, then a dressmaking course will be the perfect match for you.
With so many certificate courses available, finding one that meets your needs and criteria should not be difficult. While it will take a few months of hard work and a financial investment, once you have completed the course, you will be prepared to attain your objectives, whatever they may be.
There are numerous computer certifications that can help you advance in your job and earn significantly more money. If you’re interested in computers and have a bachelor’s degree, computer certification is a fantastic option.
- Top 10 Fastest Criminal Justice Degree Online - March 23, 2023
- 10 Best Schools of Forestryin the US - March 22, 2023
- All Best Art Schools in California - March 22, 2023