Studying in Canada is much more affordable than many other countries. Here are 10 cheaper universities in Canada for international students.
Studying in Canada is a good option for international students seeking for an cheaper degree. International and domestic students can benefit from Canada’s cheaper tuition rates. Plus, you’ll be studying in a highly developed country in an English (or French!) setting. Canada’s educational system is renowned and comparable to that of the United Kingdom and the United States. Thats why we are going to talk of cheaper universities in Canada
Many international students opt to study in Canada because of the low tuition costs, the ease and comfort of living, and the universities’ excellent reputation. Here are 10 cheap universities in Canada for overseas students — plus a bonus free one! — for those looking for cheaper degrees.
Why Study in Canada
1. It’s affordable.
When compared to premier institutions in the United States, the United Kingdom, and other English-speaking nations, Canada’s degrees are far less cheaper.
2. The reputation.
Canada has a reputation for one of the best education systems in the world, and its universities are no exception.
3. Ease of living.
Studying in another country can sound daunting, but making that happen in an English-speaking, first-world country makes it easier for international students to get along.
Tuition Fees in Canada for International Students 2022
The cost of tuition for overseas students studying in Canada varies depending on the program and location. Bachelor’s degrees will cost anywhere from $7,203 to $49,800 a year in tuition, while Master’s degrees will cost anywhere from $3,222 to $42,850 per year.
Read also: Mcmaster University Ranking
Read also: Teesside University Scholarship
U.S. News lists the top Canadian universities as University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, McGill University, McMaster University and University of Montreal. These universities are all recognized internationally as excellent global schools and still offer much more cheaper tuition rates than their international counterparts.
University of Montreal
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $13,048 – $16,990
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $16,372
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $16,815 – $45,263
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $16,816
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $20,808 – $27,978
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $16,761 – $17,096
University of British Columbia
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $25,978 – $36,588
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $8,605
University of Toronto
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition: $42,870 – $49,800
- Master’s Degree Tuition: $6,900 – $22,640
Cheaper Bachelor Degrees in Canada
If you’re looking for the most affordable options Canada has to offer, look no further.
- Location: Online
- Tuition: Tuition-Free
- Degree Programs: Associate, Bachelor, Master (Business Administration, Education, Computer Science and Health Science)
UoPeople is a US accredited online cheaper university, meaning you can study anywhere and anytime! The application process is simple and the rewards of degree completion are definitely worthwhile.
- Location: Brandon, Manitoba
- Tuition: $7,203
- Degree Programs: BA, BBA, BEd, BFA, BM, BN, BSc
International students at Brandon U are invited to apply with the university’s international application process. Brandon University claims to have a long and positive relationship with international students and offers one-to-one professor interactions and research opportunities not available at larger universities.
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Tuition: $7,482
- Degree Programs: Bachelor’s Degrees in Arts, Social Work, Translation, Science, Nursing, Business and Education. Students may continue studies towards a Master’s degree at the University of Manitoba
International students at Saint-Boniface must expect to be able to speak a certain level of French as this is a French university. Some programs also require a level of English proficiency as well.
- Location: Guelph, Ontario
- Tuition: $9,730
- Degree Programs: Bachelor’s Degrees from 5 Colleges (Arts, Biological Sciences, Business & Economics, Engineering & Physical Sciences, Social & Applied Human Sciences)
International students at Guelph will receive special assistance at the university with visa applications, English language study, housing, and have access to an advisor specifically for international students.
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Tuition: $10,003
- Degree Programs: Three- and four-year BA, BSc, BBA, and Master’s Programs
International students at CMU are welcomed and encouraged to apply due to their undoubtedly wide variety of experiences and perspectives that they may bring. International students may choose from over 19 majors for bachelor’s studies.
- Location: St. Johns, Newfoundland
- Tuition: $11,460
- Degree Programs: More than 100 programs for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Certificates
International students at MUN: Memorial University warmly welcomes and encourages international applications. The university offers specialized services for international students such as student advising, an internationalization office, and international student groups.
Cheaper Master Degrees in Canada
- Location: St. Johns, Newfoundland
- Tuition: $3,222
- Degree Programs: Large variety of Master’s and Doctorate programs both in person and online, in fields of Humanities & Social Sciences, Professional Programs, Interdisciplinary Programs, and Sciences
- Location: Prince George, British Columbia
- Tuition: $3,297
- Degree Programs: MBA, MSc, MEd, MEng, MScN, MSW, Graduate Certificates, and Doctorate programs
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Tuition: $3,693
- Degree Programs: Offers course-based and research-based Master’s and Doctorate degrees in a variety of subjects
- Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
- Tuition: $3,743
- Degree Programs: Variety of graduate programs in Applied Sciences, Arts & Social Sciences, Business, Communication, Art & Technology, Education, Environment, Health Sciences, and Science
- Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Tuition: $4,358
- Degree Programs: Over 80 Master’s and Doctorate degrees. Specializing in research and medical fields
Cost of Living in Canada for Students
As with most large countries, the cost of living varies drastically across the expansive nation of Canada. According to the Canadian Rental Housing Index, many large metropolis areas are unaffordable, however there are still some areas left in which one can live on a student budget.
Here’s a breakdown on the average costs a student can expect to find in Canada (in $CAD):
- Basic lunch & drink: $18
- Monthly rent in 45 sq m furnished studio: $1,160
- Monthly utilities: $102
- Monthly internet: $54
- Monthly public transport: $109
- Monthly gym membership: $59
- Pair of jeans: $72
- Private doctor visit: $93
- Toothpaste: $2.62
- Cappuccino: $5.05
Funding and Support for International Students
While studying in Canada may save you on tuition fees, you may still want to consider applying for funding and scholarships. There are plenty of scholarships and grants available to international students, and even scholarships exclusively for students from specific countries. Check out these top tips to apply for scholarships for international students.
How to Apply to Canadian Cheaper Universities
As an international student, your application to a Canadian university will have special requirements. In addition to the typical student application including letters of recommendation, resume and educational history, you may also be asked to provide the following:
- Proof of finances
- English proficiency
- International application
- Passport information
- A translated copy of your transcript
Remember that if you plan to study in Canada for more than six months, you’ll require a student visa. The application is $150 CAD and can be completed online. The Canadian government will want proof of finances, proof of health and general well-being, proof of no criminal record, and a letter of acceptance from your university. It is strongly advised that you begin your student visa application as soon as you have been accepted to a Canadian university.
- Tips for passing the New AWS Solutions Architect Associate (SAA-C03) Exam? - December 8, 2022
- Best Free Textbook Website download in Pdf - December 7, 2022
- F5 101 – App Delivery Fundamentals Exam Prep - December 6, 2022