These article is on University of St Andrews Acceptance Rate 2023. One of Scotland’s old universities is called the University of St. Andrews University is one of the top 100 universities in the world. The University of St. is a place where students go to learn and get a degree. “Andrews is one of the top 100 universities in the world according to the QS World University Rankings 2023 and is ranked at number 96. ” The school has more than 900 courses from high school to advanced degrees. To figure out if you can get into this school, you need to know how many people get accepted and how to make your application better. In this blog, we will help you with the University of St Andrews acceptance rate along with the application process and more.
|Type of University||Public, Research-oriented|
|Number of Undergraduate seats||7,985|
|Number of Postgraduate seats||2,133|
|Number of International students||4,377|
|Average Tuition Fee for International Undergraduate Students||23,787 GBP (INR 23,87,781)|
|Average Tuition Fee for International Postgraduate Students||22,143 GBP (INR 22,22,753)|
|,Graduation Rate||35% (not sure)|
|Application Fees||42.89 GBP|
About the University of St Andrews
The University of St. The University of St. refers to a college that is named after a person or a place. Andrews University has almost 8,000 college students who are studying to get a Bachelor’s degree, and over 2,000 students who already have a Bachelor’s degree and are working on a higher level degree. It won first place in the 2020 National Student Survey for academic experience. The University of St. is a school where people can go to learn different things, like science or history. Andrews is well known for offering courses in medicine, philosophy, economics, chemistry, and psychology.
However, it is difficult to get accepted into those programs because there are a lot of people applying. To go to school at University of St. International students need to get high marks in their high school exams and have a bachelor’s degree to study at Andrews. People who don’t speak English as their first language need to get a score of 6. 0 or higher on the IELTS test.
University of St Andrews Acceptance Rate
The University of St. has a low acceptance rate of only 8. 35% Andrews University is really hard to get into, in the UK and around the world. This means that only a small percentage, about 8 to 9 people out of 100 who apply, get accepted into the University of St Andrews. Out of 10,845 people who wanted to go to the school, only 4,595 were accepted. This means that the school accepted 42% of the people who applied. Out of 10,845 applications, only 1,235 were picked, which is only 11%. Only a small percentage of applicants get accepted into undergraduate courses at the University of St Andrews, which is about 8. 63%
|Acceptance Rate at UG level||41%|
|Acceptance Rate at PG level||54%|
|Academic Calendar||September to May (September – January; February – May)|
|Student: Staff ratio||10:1|
Most Competitive Programs
Some of the most competitive programs with atleast 5 offers are as follows:
- MSc Psychology, 27%
- MSc Economics, 27%
- MSc Money, Banking and Finance, 26%
- MSc Research Methods in Psychology, 38%
- MSc Finance and Economics, 32%
- MSc Health Psychology, 37%
- MSc Sustainable Development and Energy, 23%
- MSc Sustainable Development ,24%
- MSc Marine Mammal Science, 26%
The University of St Andrews is one of Scotland’s oldest universities. It has won many important awards and is always ranked among the best in the world. Here are some new rankings for the University of St Andrews:
|QS World University Rankings 2023||#96|
|THE World University Rankings 2022||#201–250th|
|Best Global Universities by US News & World Report 2023||#352|
|Guardian University Guide 2023||#1|
|Times University Guide 2023||#2|
University of St Andrews Application Process
Applications to UK universities are submitted via the UCAS portal. The following steps will help you to apply to the University of Bath:
- Visit the UCAS portal and click on the “Apply Now”.
- Go through the course curriculum and the entry requirements
- To start with the application process, first, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address.
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with the OTP for verification. Use the login details and start filling in personal details such as name, gender, DOB, etc.
- Provide all your academic qualifications and upload the supporting documents.
- Select the course and pay the application fee. The application fee varies according to the university and the program. But the general application fee for applying to UK universities ranges from 20 GBP – 26 GBP (INR 2,015- INR 2,620).
- Make the payment through net banking, debit/credit card. Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account.
Now, let’s find out what papers you need to get into the University of St Andrews, after learning how hard it is to get admitted there and how to apply:
- Complete an online application at the University Academic Results official website.
- Submit a copy of your entire academic transcript, including your diploma and school transcripts.
- Students must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- English test results (IELTS/TOFEL)- All students must take one of two English proficiency exams: IELTS or TOFEL.
- Students must submit a certified copy of any formative test they have given—for instance, the SAT and ACT.
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of recommendation
- A certified copy of your passport is required.
- Paperwork about visas – All visa-related documents must be submitted
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
UK Visa Requirements for International Students
International students can start the visa process up to three months before the start of their course. They are required to submit the following documents for UK student visa filing:
- CAS request form
- CAS number (issued by the university)
- Acceptance Letter
- Copy of deposit payment confirmation
- Academic transcripts
- Financial support proof
- Consent form parent or guardian
- Scores of English language proficiency
- Proof of relationship with parents (for those below the age of 18)
- Tuberculosis test results
The scholarships available at the University of St Andrews are listed below:
|Scholarships Available||Awards||Applicable Course Stream|
|International Undergraduate Scholarship||Rs. 10,14,200||Computers, Science, Business|
|University of St Andrews – Accommodation Award||Rs. 1,55,040||Computers, Science, Business|
|Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme||Rs. 28,62,393||Science|
|Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships||Rs. 20,00,000||Engineering, Science, Humanities + 2 more|
Some really famous people have gone to University of St Andrews, even though it’s hard to get in. See who they are by looking at their names written below!
- Prince William, Duke of Cambridge
- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
- Chris Hoy – British Olympian Cyclist
- Ella Woodward – Author
Is it possible for me to work while attending university?
Yes, degree students are permitted to work a maximum of 20 hours per week, while language centre students are permitted to work a maximum of 10 hours per week.
Is it permissible for me to work part-time?
Yes, according to UK immigration laws, degree students are allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week, paid or unpaid, during the study term.
Is there an interview process at the University of St Andrews?
The University of St. can be simplified as: The school named University of St. Andrews usually doesn’t interview people who want to study as an undergraduate, but they do interview some students who want to take Medicine or BA International Honours.
St Andrews University has a lot of different students and really good courses.
- GOtv Max Channels List and Subscription Price 2023 - September 28, 2023
- GOtv Jolli Channels List: Price and Channels List 2023 - September 28, 2023
- MLB TV Student Discount- Steps to Apply - September 28, 2023