Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) 2022 is a summer academic enrichment and leadership program for outstanding high school students from around the world. Each summer, students from over 100 countries participate in one of nine interdisciplinary sessions and immerse themselves in a global learning community.
Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) Eligibility
In order to apply to YYGS, applicants MUST fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Age: Be at least 15 years old by February 6, 2022 (application deadline).
- English Fluency: Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Grade Level: Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date: Be graduating in May/June or 2022 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in
- Nov./Dec. 2021 or 2022 from the Southern Hemisphere.
Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) Admission Application Required Documents
• Activities list
• One 500-word Study Plan Essay and two 200-word responses
• Official school transcript
• Two letters of recommendation
• Unofficial standardized test scores, if available (submit or waive)
• Need-based financial aid (submit or waive)
How to apply for the Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) program
- Step 1: Review the YYGS eligibility criteria.
- Step 2: Review the YYGS application required components.
- Step 3: Review a PDF of a sample blank application, and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.
- Step 4: You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, teacher, and/or official at your school. Reach out to them as soon as possible to review the PDF of a sample blank application with you, and be sure to collect the information you need.
- Step 5: Click APPLY NOW and start your 2022 application. Be sure to write down the email and password you use in case you need to log in again to continue the application.
- Step 6: Contact YYGS Staff with ANY/ALL questions as you complete the application. The earlier you contact us, the more likely that we can help you by the deadline.
- Step 7: Check the “Review” page of the application to see if you are missing any required components, and go back into any pages that require further information.
- Step 8: Once your application is complete, on the “Review” page please click on the “Finalize & Pay” button at the bottom of the page.
- Step 9: Pay the $60 USD application fee. If you submitted a Fee Waiver Request*, this page will automatically skip.
*YYGS staff will contact you if your Fee Waiver Request is denied to let you know that your application will not be reviewed until the $60 YYGS application fee is paid.
- Step 10: Keep an eye out for an email from YYGS that confirms receipt of your completed application. Please note that confirmation emails usually arrive within 24-48 hours of submission, as there are sometimes delays in payment processing.
Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) deadline
- 10 Best Culinary Schools in Texas | Fees and Details - May 18, 2022
- 3 Accelerated Nursing Programs In South Dakota - May 17, 2022
- Best 3 Accelerated Nursing Programs In Texas - May 16, 2022