The majority of large enterprises heavily rely on Java for their back-end architecture. This has made developers consider optimizing their chances of success in Java by enrolling in online courses with Certificates.
These courses include a combination of video lessons, readings, and practice exercises that will help you learn how to develop a core Java-based server-side application, Android-based mobile application development, and many more.
So, if you’re interested in building out the infrastructure that powers and supports businesses in the world, we will link you with the online java courses with certificates that is the right fit for you.
Carefully follow the contents outlined below and apply for the option that best suits your demand.
Why Choose Online Java Courses?
Java, according to Wikipedia.org, is a ”general-purpose programming language that is class-based, object-oriented, and designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible”. This process is done by a Java developer.
This developer is a specialized type of programmer who may collaborate with other web developers and software engineers to integrate Java into business applications, software, and websites.
Their role is to figure out the process of designing, writing, testing, debugging/troubleshooting, and maintaining the source code of computer programs.
Learning Java online can be fun. It allows you to study most or all of a course from the comfort of your home without necessarily attending a campus-based institution.
You can communicate with your Instructor via e-mail, electronic forums, videoconferencing, social media chat rooms, and other forms of computer-based interaction.
There are lots of free Java courses online that can help you perfect your design talents, offered by universities, expert Coders, and online course hubs like Udemy.
In case you are still questioning the benefits of enrolling in an online Java school, you may have to consider the following reasons;
- Java is platform-independent.
- Java programming language has a Rich API
- Eclipse, Netbeans are powerful development tools that are featured in Java.
- Java is easy to learn and also is designed in such a way that it is easy to use, easy to write, compile, debug, and learn as compared to other programming languages.
- Java allows you to create reusable code and modular programs.
- Most strong and thriving communities are the biggest strength of Java programming language and platform.
As a first step, take a look at how Java online classes work, and how you can get started.
How Do Free Online Java Classes Work?
Just like every other distant program, online Class in java uses the Learning Management System.
LMS method which includes the use of Blackboard, Canvas, and Moodle, which provides an accessible exchange of information between you and your Instructor.
During online classes, you receive your study materials, lectures, and assignments via email or some kind of file transfer system. You submit course assignments through LMS by posting on discussion forums and submitting tasks through applicable links.
Another option for online classes involves the use of an online proctoring service.
This helps to monitor students as they work. It also permits degree candidates to take assessments away from campus and also provides schools with confidence that students honestly earned their grades.
If you exhibit any form of cheating or malpractice, the service may alert the school.
Choosing to take an online course to learn a new skill, or even just as a refresher for the skills you already have is a very admirable thing to do.
However, there are numerous Java courses online but not all are worth it.
Therefore before you decide to try your luck at online learning, ensure you seek advice from a valid source.
The enrollment steps and considerations outlined below will help you on how to get started.
Select the school that offer Java Programming Course
The first step you need to take is to choose an online Java course, thereafter you obtain a form and complete the registration process. See the list and details of the available programs below.
Complete the online application
During the registration process, you’ll have to set up an account that would require some personal information.
Unlike other online courses, a java class may not involve you uploading the electronic versions of your Passport photograph, Curriculum Vitae, Personal Statement, and any other documents.
Only a few online Java courses may require an interview, which can be conducted over the phone or online, on Skype.
An interview on Skype is just like the traditional interview. In this case, ensure your computer camera works well and you have a good internet connection. Also, ensure you dress formally just like you would for an offline interview.
Once you’ve completed the online registration and interview, you will be granted access to select your degree level and course of study then you can start enrolling in any classes.
You begin by choosing the specialization you’d like to start with. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, you’re automatically subscribed to the full program.
After completing and passing the course successfully, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement.
What Is The Duration For Online Java Course?
The length of online Java classes varies according to schools or course providers. However, some schools offer coursework that can be completed in as little as five weeks, while others don’t have to be finished within a year’s time.
A typical free online Java course with certificates lasts 12 weeks, some may take up to 14 weeks depending on the type of program.
You have to understand that the duration of your online courses lies in your power. For instance, most instructors post assignments at the beginning of the program, so, if a course is said to last eight to nine weeks, you can complete the work and submit as you choose.
How Much Does It Cost To Take An Online Java Course?
A few Java online courses with certificates are available for free, While others required tuition. This means you can access the video lectures, discussion forums, and course readings for free.
The cost of individual courses and specializations vary. The prices usually appear when you click on the Enroll button on the left of the course information page.
However, to obtain a degree in computer programming from a University, you should budget Tuition and fees of about $385 per credit hour.
Most Java-free Courses offer a 7-day free trial, after which you will be billed. If you cancel within the free trial time, you will not be charged.
List of Free Online Java Courses With Certificates
We have created a list of 10 free Java online programs for you. These courses cover a huge range of Java programming starting from beginners to the expertise level.
Our selection criteria for these programs are focused on the duration and nature of course work offered. We also considered the quality of education, average earnings of graduates, accreditation, and several other relevant factors.
As you read further, you will get detailed information on the various programs offered by the free online schools listed below.
- Java Programming and Software Engineering Fundamentals Specialization
- Parallel, Concurrent, and Distributed Programming in Java Certification (Coursera)
- Object-Oriented Programming in Java Specialization
- Object-Oriented Java Programming: Data Structures and Beyond (Coursera)
- Complete Java Masterclass
- Become a Java Developer Nanodegree Certification (Udacity)
- Building Scalable Java Microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Building Cloud Services with the Java Spring Framework
- Project: Build a Simple App in Android Studio with Java
- 10 Android App Components – Intents, Activities, and Broadcast Receivers
#1. Java Programming and Software Engineering Fundamentals Specialization
This specialization is designed for beginners provided by Duke University. It is an introduction to the world of Java, the foundation of the Android operating system.
In 4 months, you will learn the core programming concepts and equip you to write programs to solve complex problems.
At the end of this course you will benefit the following;
- Gain foundational skills needed by a software engineer needs to solve real-world problems.
- Learn to design algorithms, testing and debugging your programs
- Program is subdivided into 5 courses to cover various aspects of the language
- Includes a Capstone Project to help you practically apply all that you learn
#2. Parallel, Concurrent, and Distributed Programming in Java Certification (Coursera)
This is one of the best java online courses with a certificate. It is created by Vivek Sarkar that comes from Rice University.
This 2 months program will help you boost your programming expertise using parallelism. You will learn about the fundamentals of parallel, concurrent, and distributed programming.
At the end of this program, you will master the following;
- Multithreaded and distributed programming for a wide range of platforms
- Use parallel Java frameworks including ForkJoin, Stream, and Phaser
- You will have online access to the instructor and mentors throughout the course
- Concurrent programming system in the future
- Backing of prestigious Rice University
#3. Object Oriented Programming in Java Specialization
This is a 5 months Specialization provided by the University of California San Diego and Duke University.
It features 4 courses that cover topics in software development as follows;
- Java development environments – BlueJ and Eclipse
- You will learn to design programs capable of managing large amounts of data.
In addition to the course work, you will be given a hands-on project. At the end of every course, you’ll earn a Certificate.
#4. Object-Oriented Java Programming: Data Structures and Beyond (Coursera)
This free java course is offered by the University of California San Diego. It is a 6 months specialization that contains 19 lectures of about 4 hours dedicated to make you an expert in Java.
Every topic in this course includes a hands-on project. You’ll need to successfully finish the project(s) to complete the Specialization and earn your certificate.
Coursework covers the following;
- Gain expert-level knowledge of Java and learn how each process of Android Nougat development works.
- Object-oriented programming principles that will allow you to use Java to its full potential
- You’ll implement data structures and algorithms
- You’ll also learn to critically evaluate your own code
- Technical communication skills
#5 Complete Java Masterclass
This specialization is brought to you by Udemy. It is a 30 days course that features 72 hours of on-demand video with 5 Articles.
Java Masterclass focuses on the step-by-step development of Java 8 and Java 9. At the end of the training, you will be able to make your first advanced program by learning the following;
- Obtain proficiency in Java 8 and Java 11
- Learn to create for all computing platforms at once
- The secret tips and tricks used by the pros and experts
- Understand how to cut the fluff and concentrate on the things that matter
- Be able to sit for and pass the Oracle Java Certificate exam if you choose.
- Be able to demonstrate your understanding of Java to future employers.
- Learn industry “best practices” in Java software development from a professional Java developer who has worked in the language for 18 years.
#6. Become a Java Developer Nanodegree Certification (Udacity)
This is another important online Java course offered by Udemy. It is a 4months course
This nano degree program will help you learn how to build and deploy back-end infrastructure with the help of Java.
If you’re a developer who doesn’t have back-end experience, this program can help you build your existing skills.
#7. Building Scalable Java Microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
Building Scalable Java Microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud is a specialization offered by Google cloud via Coursera.
In this course, you will learn Java programming language and building Java applications with tools such as Maven or Gradle.
To perform well, you should also have a general knowledge of Google Cloud Platform.
The certificate courses, however, covers the broadest range of topics and can be wrapped up within 2 to 4 months.
#8. Building Cloud Services with the Java Spring Framework
This is an online Java course that will help you to learn how to build cloud services via the use of object-oriented design techniques; Java programming language features; Java Servlets, the Java Spring Framework; and cloud computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services.
Also, beginners can learn how to create robust cloud services. This 4weeks course is provided by Vanderbilt University through Coursera.
#9. Project: Build a Simple App in Android Studio with Java
If you want to learn a Java specialization that involves an introduction to using Android Studio, this course is for you.
It is a beginner’s project that will provide you with the confidence and knowledge to begin your journey in the world of Android Development.
At the end of this course, you will be able to build an app in Android Studio using Java and will have uploaded your APK to Appetize.
Coursework covers the use of AVD Manager to create virtual devices that could be used to test applications in Android Studio.
#10. Android App Components – Intents, Activities, and Broadcast Receivers
This is a 4 weeks course in Java provided by Vanderbilt University on Coursera.
This specialization features the core Android app components, such as intents, activities, and broadcast receivers.
Coursework focuses on a project involving downloading, storing, and display images from remote websites.
The videos in this training consist of lectures, taking quizzes, and programming assignments with Java and Android.
At the end of this course, you’ll master the following;
- How to program core Android components together with Android concurrency frameworks and basic Java file I/O classes (such as File and InputStream) and Android storage mechanisms (such as Shared Preferences).
- You’ll learn how to use the Git source code management system.
List of Universities That Offer Free Online Java Courses With Certificates
The following schools feature the best Java online courses with certificates to distant learners. These schools keep their students motivated by providing them with assignments via the Learning Management System method.
- Vanderbilt University
University of California San Diego
What Are The Benefits Of Free Online Courses?
Online education has a lot of benefits that is why many students consider it more advantageous than on-campus learning. Some of these benefits are listed below:
- First, online learning provides you with time and space to go deep and master a new skill.
- The online program provides a variety of programs and courses. As a student, you can also earn every academic degree online, from a career certificate to a doctorate.
- Online education proves a more affordable option than traditional schools. There are no commuting costs, and sometimes required course materials, such as textbooks, are available online at no cost.
- Students can take online courses and even complete entire degrees while working, while in-between jobs. This helps improve career advancement.
Where Can I Work As A Java Programmer?
Java is platform-independent. Anywhere you write a Java program, it will execute on any other operating system (OS) with any processor.
With a career in Java programming, you have the choice of working as a;
- Web developer.
- Application developer.
- EJB programmer.
- Software developer.
- Graphic designer.
- A professional teacher in Java.
How Much Do Java Programmers Earn?
According to PayScale, the average salary for a Java developer is $69,722 per year, with an average salary range of $47,169 to $106,610 per year.
The highest-paid Java developers are in San Francisco and Arlington, where the average reported yearly salaries are $97,000 per year
What is A Java programmers Job Prospect?
Although there are competitions from new languages, the demand for Java developers remains strong. In fact, Java is one of the most in-demand programming languages in the job market.
According to Oracle Corporation, by 2006 over 30,000 organizations had become Fusion Middleware customers, including over 35 of the world’s 50 largest companies. The other big player is IBM also using Java.
Java is one of the best programming languages, and getting a certification online is possible. If you carefully follow the guidelines we’ve provided in this article, you will find a free online Java course that suits you.
Frequently Asked Question On Free Online Java Courses With Certificates
How Can I study online without distraction?
The following tips will help you to study remotely without distractions.
> Set aside time for online learning just as you would for attending on-campus classes.
> Identify the time of day you will devote to studying.
> Give yourself quality time to sit down and read through your materials, so you understand everything clearly.
> Turn off your phone notifications.
Can I get a Job with a Java Online Certification?
A programmer’s job is unlimited. Every business needs someone to built and manage their site, so yes! You can work anywhere.
Can anyone enroll in a Free Java Online Class?
The free online program is open to anyone. All you need is a computer and a good internet connection.
Can I Get A Degree In Java Programming?
Yes! A Lot of Universities offer Java as a course in Computer science or Software Engineering.
- 10 Best Culinary Schools in Texas | Fees and Details - May 18, 2022
- 3 Accelerated Nursing Programs In South Dakota - May 17, 2022
- Best 3 Accelerated Nursing Programs In Texas - May 16, 2022